Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Our class is...

Inspired by this idea shared by Chris Gerry on the Partners in Learning Network Hot Topics blog, I encouraged my students to create a "wall" with me.  We started with the sentence "Our class is ____________" and we all contributed our ideas to fill the blank.  I helped students with spelling and vocabulary  (ie: how can we say "good at art" in a shorter way).

I'd already posted the beautiful rainbow collage art that students made collaboratively, but there was lots of room for them to add ideas around the collage. As students finished writing their words, they brought them out to me in the hallway and we put them up together. 

I'm looking forward to seeing our board "grow" and change as we continue to add ideas!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment